1. Power of Attorney should be processed in accordance with the laid down rules stated in ‘The Power of Attorney Act-2015’. Please click here for ‘The Power of Attorney Act-2015’, and relevant Acts and Rules, particularly Sections 6 (4) and 6 (5) of the Power of Attorney Act 2012; Section 33 (1) (c) of Registration Act, 1908 and Rules 2 (2), 10 (2), 10 (3), 10 (4) and Schedules "Ka" and "Kha" of Power of Attorney Rules, 2015.
2. Requirement for processing of Power of Attorney:
a) Physical presence of the executant(s) at the High Commission to sign in front of the consular officer.
b) Two sets (one original and one photo copy) of unsigned Power of Attorney document completed as per the format (Schedule-Ka, Form-3). Please click for the BANGLA FORMAT or ENGLISH PROFORMA of POA. To download Sample Form for POA, please click here.
c) A copy of a valid Bangladeshi passport of the executer(s) and executee(s) as their proof of identity.
d) Two Copies of recent passport size photograph (colour photo with white background) for each of the executant(s) and attorney.
e) If the deed is related to Land Property, then it is required to submit the copy of updated tax receipt (Dakhila) of respective land and update Record of Rights (Khatian/ Porcha).
f) In case the land/property owner is not alive, his/her sons/daughters/legal heir/s shall be required to present the death certificate of the deceased person and the copy of succession certificate to obtain or hand over power of attorney with regards to the land/property of the deceased person.
g) After signing the documents, you need to make a photocopy of the entire document and submit the same at Counter-4 of the consular section for onward submission to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA).
3. Attestation of Power of Attorney by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dhaka:
The original and photo copy of Power of Attorney document must be attested by the MOFA, Dhaka within 2 months from the date of signing at the High Commission.
4. Fee (Non-refundable): Total £40.00 (Two Set documents). Please pay by only Debit/Credit card.
5. Receiving time: Between 11:00 am- 1:00 pm (Monday –Thursday) and between 11:00 -12:30pm (Friday).
6. Delivery time: Same day delivery.
Note: Power of attorney is not permissible in case of divorce. We shall be able to attest the divorce paper only.