Please be advised that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, ON-ARRIVAL VISA is not being issued at any airport/land port/sea port in Bangladesh (except for Business/Investment categories). Hence, passengers intending to travel to Bangladesh for any other purposes such as tourism/family/personal visit/official duty and other purposes are required to obtain prior visa/NVR from respective Bangladesh missions abroad.
The immigration authority at the International Airports and Land ports after examining the necessary travel documents and being satisfied can issue VISA ON ARRIVAL (VOA) for a period of maximum 30 days to the citizens of the countries mentioned below under the following conditions:
- A. The nationals of those countries where there is no diplomatic mission of Bangladesh may be granted visa on arrival after examining the genuineness of their visits;
- B. On the basis of invitation letters of interested/ required body being attested by the Board of Investment/ BEPZA, the foreign investors/ businessmen may be allowed to issue visa on arrival. In this case, interested/ inviting organization must informed in advance the arrival of the foreign visitor(s) to the immigration and passport authority;
- C. Only for the purpose of the official duty, business, investment and tourism citizens arriving from USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Russian Federation, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, UAE, Saudi Arabia (KSA), Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain and countries of the Europe may be issued visa on arrival after examining and being satisfied by the Immigration authority at the International Airports and Land Ports;
- D. If any foreign national arrives in Bangladesh from a country other than his/ her own country, where there is no mission of Bangladesh may be issued visa on arrival;
- E. Bangladeshi origin foreign citizen, their spouses, and their offspring's may be issued visa on arrival, on the proof of their being Bangladeshi origin.
- F. The staffs/ officials of the foreign Missions, UN or its affiliated organizations located in Bangladesh may be issued visa on arrival after examining their appointment letters or other related documents. Only UN passport holders will get such facilities gratis (free of charge).
If the foreign visitors require extension of their visa after arriving Bangladesh under visa on arrival, the Department of Immigration and Passports Authority may extend their visa in light of the existing visa policy.
Transit visa may be allowed to the passengers awaiting for connecting flights for the period of maximum 72 hours or till the time of next available of flight on request of the concerned carrier. For this an amount of US$ 20.00 or equivalent to Foreign Currency is to be deposited in the concerned Bank Account.
In respect of visa on arrival the following procedures to be followed:
- A. Visa fees are to be paid in Foreign Currencies (US Dollar / GB Pound/ Euro etc);
- B. Visitors must possess minimum US Dollar 500 or equivalent of Foreign Currency in Cash or Credit Card;
- C. Visitors must have return ticket;
- D. Must have necessary documents to justify his/ her visit;
- E. No visa fee will be applicable for the visitors from those countries which are exempted from visa fee;
- F. On arrival visa fee will be applicable on the basis of reciprocity only ;