Visa On Arrival: Bangladesh government has resumed Visa on Arrival in Bangladesh based on the following criteria. Visa on arrival is for maximum 30 days.
- a. On Arrival visa for a foreign national coming to Bangladesh for government work, tourism, Business, and Investment is now available in Bangladesh if the person is from the following country group:
- UK and Any country from Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, China, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, UAE, KSA, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Egypt, Turkey, And Brunei.
- b. Visa on Arrival is applicable for the national of a country/a person travelling from a country where there is no Bangladeshi Embassy/High Commission/Consulate.
- c. Foreign nationals of Bangladesh origin and their husband/wife/children.
- d. Foreign nationals holding diplomatic or official passports; Officials of UN Organizations.
* Security Services Division, Ministry of Home Affairs may grant prior permission to a traveller for visa on arrival in special consideration.
* The prevailing covid-19 protocol as directed by the concerned authorities will apply.
Requirements for Visa on Arrival:
- A letter of Introduction from the company the Foreign Investors/Businesspersons is working and an attestation from Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA)/ Bangladesh Export Processing Zones Authority. In this case, interested/inviting organization must inform the immigration and passport authority in advance of the arrival of the foreign visitor(s).
- A Foreign Birth Certificate with parents passport/NVR may be required for the children of a Bangladeshi. Marriage certificate with Spouses Passport/NVR may be required for spouse of a Bangladeshi.
- Visa fee is 50 Dollar. Visa fees are to be paid in foreign currency.
- Visitor must possess minimum US$ 500.00 or its equivalent amount of foreign currency in cash or credit card.
- Visitor must have return ticket.
- Visitor must have necessary documents to justify his/her visit.
- Bangladeshi Origin foreign passport holder must show proof of their origin. In that case previous Bangladeshi passport/ No visa/Birth Certificate may be asked on arrival.